The wait could be over: a Bitcoin Futures ETF is reportedly going live in the US tomorrow – October 19th.
The long-anticipated launch of a Bitcoin Futures ETF in the United States might be over as a more recent report claimed such a product will go live for trading on October 19th.
- The topic of whether or not the United States Securities and Exchange Commission will ever greenlight an exchange-traded fund tracking the performance of bitcoin has been going on for years.
- Following countless rejections, the watchdog seems to have changed its mind on an ETF for BTC futures contracts, as several reports from last week claimed.
- A more recent one from the New York Post even provided a specific date when such a product will go live in the US.
- It reads that ProShares and the New York Stock Exchange have both confirmed that the formers’ Bitcoin Futures ETF will officially be released tomorrow – October 19th.
- Michael Sapir, CEO of ProShares – the issuer of the ETF – said, “2021 will be remembered for this milestone.”
- He believes that investors who have been staying away from the asset until now will receive “convenient access to Bitcoin in a wrapper that has market integrity.”
- The SEC’s Chairman, Gary Gensler, previously hinted that a Bitcoin Futures ETF could be approved due to the enhanced protection for investors.
- ProShares filed for its Bitcoin Strategy ETF earlier this year.